2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden announced his healthcare plan on Monday, and according to The New York Times, the plan will involve “rolling back” the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
As reported by the NYT:
“Speaking to reporters on Sunday, officials with Mr. Biden’s campaign said his plan would cost $750 billion over 10 years and would be financed by rolling back the $1.5 trillion tax cut Congress passed last year and doubling the tax rate on capital gains for the wealthiest Americans — those with annual incomes of more than $1 million.”
Since the start of his campaign, Biden has vowed to repeal the Tax Cuts and Jobs act at least 12 times.
“First thing I’d do is repeal those Trump tax cuts,” said Biden during a campaign stop in Columbia, South Carolina on May 4.
Biden’s promise to repeal the tax cuts is a promise to raise taxes. If the tax cuts were repealed:
- A family of four earning the median income of $73,000 would see a$2,000 tax increase.
- A single parent (with one child) making $41,000 would see a $1,300 tax increase.
- Millions of low and middle-income households would be stuck paying the Obamacare individual mandate tax.
- Utility bills would go up in all 50 states as a direct result of the corporate income tax increase.
- Small employers will face a tax increase due to the repeal of the 20% deduction for small business income.
- The USA would have the highest corporate income tax rate in the developed world.
- Taxes would rise in every state and every congressional district.
- The Death Tax would ensnare more families and businesses.
- The AMT would snap back to hit millions of households.
- Millions of households would see their child tax credit cut in half.
- Millions of households would see their standard deduction cut in half, adding to their tax complexity as they are forced to itemize their deductions and deal with the shoebox full of receipts on top of the refrigerator.
The Washington Post also stated: “Most Americans received a tax cut.”
More examples of the benefits stemming from the tax cuts are shown in a recent H&R Block report, which states, “overall tax liability is down 24.9 percent on average.” In Biden’s home state of Delaware, the report found that residents received a 24.8% tax cut.
Biden also lied to the American people when he ran for Vice President in 2008 when he repeatedly said he would not support any form of any tax that imposed even “one single penny” of tax increase on anyone making less than $250,000. Biden shattered that promise upon taking office.
Even left-leaning and establishment media outlets confirm the good news arising from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act:
- The New York Times also flatly stated: “Most people got a tax cut.”
- CNN’s Jake Tapper did his own fact check and concluded: “The facts are, most Americans got a tax cut.”
- CNN’s Jake Tapper also stated: “In fact, estimates from both sides of the political spectrum show that the majority of people in the United States of America did receive a tax cut.”
- FactCheck.org stated: “Most people got some kind of tax cut in 2018 as a result of the law.”
- FactCheck.org also stated: “The vast majority (82 percent) of middle-income earners — those with income between about $49,000 and $86,000 — received a tax cut that averaged about $1,050.
- The NYT also stated: “To a large degree, the gap between perception and reality on the tax cuts appears to flow from a sustained — and misleading — effort by liberal opponents of the law to brand it as a broad middle-class tax increase.”