This year we have much for which to be thankful: family, friends, and the Obama-Reid-Pelosi National Energy Tax (Cap and Trade) has not yet become law to name a few. We would like to remind you of 10 reasons you should be thinkful for that this year:
- We don’t have to pay over $100 billion in additional taxes.
- We don’t have to pay an additional $3.6 trillion in gas taxes.
- We won’t lose 1.1 million jobs between 2012 and 2030 and 2.5 million each year after that.
- We haven’t made new industries that are dependent on government handouts for their survival.
- We don’t have a new bureaucracy in place to allocate and sell carbon credits that will increase corruption and favoritism in Washington, DC.
- Our energy costs will not go up by $1500 per year for a family of four.
- We won’t have our national debt increase by 26 percent by 2030. An increase of $116,600 for a family of four.
- We won’t have protectionist tariffs to create trade wars and cause increased prices and shortages on the goods we need.
- We won’t have a reduction in GDP of $9.4 trillion between 2012 and 2030.
- We won’t have a 58% increase in gas prices.
A PDF of ATR’s press release can be found here.