Joe Biden wants to raise your taxes, “get rid of fossil fuels,” ban plastic bags, and reimpose the Obamacare mandate tax, among other things:
- “We are going to get rid of fossil fuels,” Biden said during a town hall in February.
- “Well I agree with you 100 percent. We should not be allowing plastic [bags],” Biden told a voter on January 8.
- “Yes, I’d bring back the individual mandate,” Biden told CNN’s Chris Cuomo during an interview in July.
- “First thing I’d do is repeal those Trump tax cuts,” Biden said during a town hall in May.
- “So every single solitary person, their capital gains are going to be treated like real income and they are going to pay 40 percent on their capital gains tax,” Biden said during a town hall on October 23.
- “I’m gonna double the capital gains rate to 40 percent,” Biden said on September 27.
- “Yeah, no, I would [Support A Carbon Tax],” Biden said during a CNN climate town hall on September 4.
Voter: “But like, what about, say, stopping fracking?”
Voter: “And stopping pipeline infrastructure?”
Biden: “Yes” said Biden on January 24.
“Give me a break! Anybody who can throw coal into a furnace can learn how to program, for god’s sake,” Biden said on Tuesday, December 30.
Biden’s most disastrous proposal, however is a plan to repeal the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Biden’s promise to repeal the tax cuts is a promise to raise taxes. If the tax cuts were repealed:
- A family of four earning the median income of $73,000 would see a $2,000 tax increase.
- A single parent (with one child) making $41,000 would see a $1,300 tax increase.
- Millions of low and middle-income households would be stuck paying the Obamacare individual mandate tax.
- Utility bills would go up in all 50 states as a direct result of the corporate income tax increase.
- Small employers will face a tax increase due to the repeal of the 20% deduction for small business income.
- The USA would have the highest corporate income tax rate in the developed world.
- Taxes would rise in every state and every congressional district.
- The Death Tax would ensnare more families and businesses.
- The AMT would snap back to hit millions of households.
- Millions of households would see their child tax credit cut in half.
- Millions of households would see their standard deduction cut in half, adding to their tax complexity as they are forced to itemize their deductions and deal with the shoebox full of receipts on top of the refrigerator.
Even left-leaning and establishment media outlets confirm the good news arising from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act:
- The New York Times flatly stated: “Most people got a tax cut.”
- The Washington Post stated: “Most Americans received a tax cut.”
- CNN’s Jake Tapper did his own fact check and concluded: “The facts are, most Americans got a tax cut.”
- CNN’s Jake Tapper also stated: “In fact, estimates from both sides of the political spectrum show that the majority of people in the United States of America did receive a tax cut.”
- FactCheck.org stated: “Most people got some kind of tax cut in 2018 as a result of the law.”
- FactCheck.org also stated: “The vast majority (82 percent) of middle-income earners — those with income between about $49,000 and $86,000 — received a tax cut that averaged about $1,050.
Biden also lied to the American people when he ran for Vice President in 2008 when he repeatedly said he would not support any form of any tax that imposed even “one single penny” of tax increase on anyone making less than $250,000. Biden shattered that promise upon taking office.
If you want to stay up-to-date on their threats to raise taxes, visit www.atr.org/HighTaxDems.