Debate Tonight: Questions for Obama
WASHINGTON, D.C—Americans for Tax Reform suggests the following questions for tonight’s Presidential debate:
- Most small business profits are taxed at the top marginal tax rate. Is now the time to raise this rate? In what way will your tax hikes on small businesses help Main Street?
- The capital gains and dividends tax rate help set the value of the stock market. With the Dow under 10,000, is now the time to raise these tax rates?
- Specifically, which of your policies will increase the value of the average American’s 401(k)?
- Sen. Biden has said paying higher taxes is “patriotic”. Do you agree with him?
- Historically, trade protectionism has served to cause and deepen economic recessions. As president, are you prepared to buck the labor unions and work for bilateral and regional free trade agreements?
- Do you support the expansion and new creation of domestic nuclear power plants as a clean, safe and reliable source of energy?
- As president, would you protect a worker’s right to a private, democratic ballot when deciding on whether or not to join a union?
- As a top recipient of campaign contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, do you feel that you have a conflict of interest in fixing the housing mess?
- Looking into the camera, could you explain to the family of every police officer in America why it is okay to associate with William Ayers?