Tonight in Detroit, Democrat presidential candidates will not be truthful about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. But even left-leaning and establishment media outlets such as debate host CNN have confirmed the good news arising from the tax cuts, enacted by the Republican congress and President Trump:
- The New York Times flatly stated: “Most people got a tax cut.”
- The Washington Post stated: “Most Americans received a tax cut.”
- CNN’s Jake Tapper did his own fact check and concluded: “The facts are, most Americans got a tax cut.”
- CNN’s Jake Tapper also stated: “In fact, estimates from both sides of the political spectrum show that the majority of people in the United States of America did receive a tax cut.”
- FactCheck.org: “Most people got some kind of tax cut in 2018 as a result of the law.”
- FactCheck.org also stated: “The vast majority (82 percent) of middle-income earners — those with income between about $49,000 and $86,000 — received a tax cut that averaged about $1,050.
So if Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren fib about the tax cuts tonight during the debate, the CNN hosts have everything they need to rebut them.