In our continuing, daily, state by state, look at the financial impact of the Waxman-Markey Cap and
Trade Tax Bill, we will show you the projected losses in Gross State Product, Personal Income, and Non- Farm Jobs in Wisconsin.
Detailed information on this and other energy taxes can be found in the Americans for Tax Reform Energy Tax Analysis, May 2009.
According to a study by Karen Campbell, Ph.D. and David Kreutzer, Ph.D. at the Heritage Foundation, Wisconsin will suffer the following losses in 2012 as a result of Cap and Tax:
- A decline in Gross State Product of $2,669,570,000
- Total Personal Income Loss of $3,570,950,000
- Non-Farm Job losses of 33,471
An update to the Heritage Foundation’s study further shows an:
- Increase in Electricity Prices from 2012-2035 of $486.57 per household.
- Increase in Gas Prices from 2012-2035 of $0.68 per gallon.
Contact your Senators today and tell them to VOTE NO on the Waxman-Markey Energy Tax.
Senator Russell D. Feingold: (202) 224-5323
Senator Herb Kohl: (202) 224-5653