In our continuing, daily, state by state, look at the financial impact of the Waxman-Markey Cap and
Trade Tax Bill, we will show you the projected losses in Gross State Product, Personal Income, and Non- Farm Jobs in Oregon.
Detailed information on this and other energy taxes can be found in the Americans for Tax Reform Energy Tax Analysis, May 2009.
According to a study by Karen Campbell, Ph.D. and David Kreutzer, Ph.D. at the Heritage Foundation, Oregon will suffer the following losses in 2012 as a result of Cap and Tax:
- A decline in Gross State Product of $1,818,440,000.
- Total Personal Income Loss of $2,319,310,000.
- Non-Farm Job losses of 20,765.
An update to the Heritage Foundation’s study further shows an:
- Increase in Electricity Prices from 2012-2035 of $525.00 per household.
- Increase in Gas Prices from 2012-2035 of $0.67 per gallon.
Contact your Senators today and tell them to VOTE NO on the Waxman-Markey Energy Tax.
Senator Jeff Merkley: (202) 224-3753
Senator Ron Wyden: (202) 224-5244