In our continuing, daily, state by state, look at the financial impact of the Waxman-Markey Cap and
Trade Tax Bill, we will show you the projected losses in Gross State Product, Personal Income, and Non- Farm Jobs in North Carolina.
Detailed information on this and other energy taxes can be found in the Americans for Tax Reform Energy Tax Analysis, May 2009.
According to a study by Karen Campbell, Ph.D. and David Kreutzer, Ph.D. at the Heritage Foundation, North Carolina will suffer the following losses in 2012 as a result of Cap and Tax:
- A decline in Gross State Product of $4,750,510,000.
- Total Personal Income Loss of $5,409,780,000.
- Non-Farm Job losses of 49,671.
An update to the Heritage Foundation’s study further shows an:
- Increase in Electricity Prices from 2012-2035 of $740.42 per household.
- Increase in Gas Prices from 2012-2035 of $0.65 per gallon.
Contact your Senators today and tell them to VOTE NO on the Waxman-Markey Energy Tax.
Senator Richard Burr: (202) 224-3154
Senator Kay R. Hagan: (202) 224-6342