In our continuing, daily, state by state, look at the financial impact of the Waxman-Markey Cap and
Trade Tax Bill, we will show you the projected losses in Gross State Product, Personal Income, and Non- Farm Jobs in Nevada.
Detailed information on this and other energy taxes can be found in the Americans for Tax Reform Energy Tax Analysis, May 2009.
According to a study by Karen Campbell, Ph.D. and David Kreutzer, Ph.D. at the Heritage Foundation, Nevada will suffer the following losses in 2012 as a result of Cap and Tax:
- A decline in Gross State Product of -$1,461,960,000.
- Total Personal Income Loss of -$1,779,910,000.
- Non-Farm Job losses of -$14,313.
An update to the Heritage Foundation’s study further shows an:
- Increase in Electricity Prices from 2012-2035 of $499.95 per household.
- Increase in Gas Prices from 2012-2035 of $0.67 per gallon.
Contact your Senators today and tell them to VOTE NO on the Waxman-Markey Energy Tax.
Senator John Ensign: (202) 224-6244
Senator Harry Reid: (202) 224-3542