In our continuing, daily, state by state, look at the financial impact of the Waxman-Markey Cap and Trade Tax Bill, we will show you the projected losses in Gross State Product, Personal Income, and Non- Farm Jobs in Minnesota.
Detailed information on this and other energy taxes can be found in the Americans for Tax Reform Energy Tax Analysis, May 2009.
According to a study by Karen Campbell, Ph.D. and David Kreutzer, Ph.D. at the Heritage Foundation, Minnesota will suffer the following losses in 2012 as a result of Cap and Tax:
- A decline in Gross State Product of -$2,390,180,000
- Total Personal Income Loss of -$3,813,610,000
- Non-Farm Job losses of 31,646
An update to the Heritage Foundation’s study further shows an:
- Increase in Electricity Prices from 2012-2035 of $485.23 per household.
- Increase in Gas Prices from 2012-2035 of $0.67 per gallon.
Contact your Senators today and tell them to VOTE NO on the Waxman-Markey Energy Tax.
Senator Al Franken: (202)-224-5641
Senator Amy Klobuchar: (202) 224-3244