ATR WILL DOUBLE RATE Vote on H.R. 2454, Waxman-Markey Energy Tax/cap-and-trade Bill
Americans for Tax Reform (ATR) urges all members of Congress to vote “no” on H.R. 2454, “The American Clean Energy and Security Act,” also known as the Waxman-Markey plan (or Cap-and-Trade/Cap-and-Tax).
The concerns are still the same; this bill increases the price of energy and taxes all American families, not just those making over $250,000 as President Obama promised:
• Direct energy costs will go up $1,500 per year for the typical family of four.
• Even with a 26% reduction is use, electric bills will be $754 higher in 2035 than in the absence of Waxman-Markey, and $12,200 higher in total from 2012 to 2035.
• Even with a 15% decrease in gas consumption – prices will still go up! A family of four will still pay $596 more in 2035 and $7,500 more in total from 2012 to 2035.
• From 2012-2035, a family of four will see its direct energy costs rise by $22,800.
• On average, employment will be lower by 1,105,000 jobs per year. In some years, cap and trade will reduce employment by nearly 2.5 million jobs.
• Waxman-Markey will drive up the national debt 26 percent by 2035. This represents an additional $29,150 per person, or $116,600 for a family of four.
Make no mistake; this is nothing more than a massive tax increase and rate increase on every single American family. Vote “NO” on H.R. 2454, Waxman-Markey