Joining groups that represent millions of concerned citizens and taxpayers, Americans for Tax Reform and its Center for Fiscal Accountability are participating in the Spending Revolt Tour currently traversing the nation. CFA Executive Director Mattie Corrao spoke over the weekend at a Spending Revolt Rally in Dover, Delaware and will be appearing in events in New Hampshire tomorrow. ATR President Grover Norquist will be speaking at events next week, amongst political heroes such as Congressman Paul Ryan in Wisconsin.
The Spending Revolt Tour is intended to refocus the nation on what has brought us to the brink of fiscal collapse – outrageous government spending. Congress, after refusing to pass a budget or any appropriations bills this past session, adjourned for the election recess, leaving taxpayers with a $1.3 trillion deficit. President Obama, whose disastrous “stimulus” efforts and costly takeovers of the health care and financial sectors have failed to inspire economic recovery and have set the country careening down a road towards more spending, debt and fiscal uncertainty.
Without true fiscal accountability and spending reform, taxpayers have little hope for relief. The Spending Revolt Tour aims to educate citizens on the growing problem of government spending, and provide a forum for taxpayers to voice their concerns about the growing debt placed on their families by the exploding intrusion of government into their lives. Leave a post in the comments on what component of government spending has you most concerned, and we’ll be sure to mention some of your thoughts at the rallies! Better yet, see the events listed below and come check out a rally or townhall for yourself!
Spending Revolt National Tour
Thursday, October 21
- Portsmouth, New Hampshire – Forum, 12:00 p.m.
- Concord, New Hampshire – Rally, 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 23
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania – Rally, 10:30 a.m.
- Palmyra, Pennsylvania – Rally, 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 24
- Hanoverton, Ohio – Townhall, 7:00 p.m.
Monday, October 25
- Cambridge, Ohio – Rally, 10:30 a.m.
- Canton, Ohio – Rally, 1:00 p.m.
- Fairview Park, Ohio – Rally, 4:00 p.m.
- Independence, Ohio – Rally, 5:30
Tuesday, October 26
- Cleveland, Ohio – Rally, 9:00 a.m.
- Norwalk, Ohio – Rally, 11:00 a.m.
- Perrysburg, Ohio – Rally, 2:00 p.m.
- Cincinnati, Ohio – Rally, 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 27
- Indianapolis, Indiana – Rally, 11:30 a.m.
- Fort Wayne, Indiana – Rally/Moving Screening, 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 28
- Racine, Wisconsin – Rally, 12:00 p.m.
- Lake Geneva, Wisconsin – Rally, 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 30
- Lebanon, Missouri – Rally, 11:00 a.m.
More days to come! Stay tuned to SpendingRevolt.com for more information!