Top 10 Reasons Obama's Approval Ratings Are at Record Low
According to a new poll, President Obama’s approval ratings hit an all-time low at the end of June. The Presidential Leadership Index fell to 43.2 from 48.9 just one month ago, the lowest since Obama took office. It’s no surprise giving all of the scandals in Washington.
Here are the top ten reasons Obama’s approval is plummeting:
- Obamacare Tax Hikes: The 20 new or higher taxes on American families and small businesses result in one of the largest tax increases in American history. Six of those taxes took effect this year including the Medicare payroll tax hike, medical device tax, and flexible spending account (FSA) cap. Three more kick in next year including the highly unpopular individual mandate and employer mandate.
- Obamacare Resulting in Higher Premiums: There’s are plenty of reasons why 52% disapprove of Obamacare today – 8 points higher than when Republicans blew Democrats out of the water, and House.
Candidate Obama: “If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is the amount of money you will spend on premiums. That will be less.”
Example of Reality: “Obamacare, in fact, will increase individual-market premiums in California by as much as 146 percent.” –Forbes
- IRS Scandals: Every day more details emerge about absurdities associated with the embattled IRS. First, news that they targeted (see: harassed) conservative non-profits. Next, we learned that they’ve cried wolf quite a bit about lacking funds necessary to operate (see: raid your wallets). Click here for our Top 10 Reasons Your IRS Agent Deserves a Bonus, relating to their plan to pay union employees $70 million in bonuses. Click here to check out a review of the IRS employee credit card program that paid for things like nerf footballs, Thomas the Tank Engine rubber wristbands, and kazoos. Seriously.
- Public Knowledge of NSA Overreach: People might not be so comfortable with the fact that, “They quite literally can watch your ideas as you type”
- Unemployment in May Rose to 7.6%: Only in fantasy land does running up a $16 trillion debt, demanding trillions in higher taxes spending, and threatening vetoes on every Republican jobs bill put us on a course to recovery.
- No Discernible Plan for Recovery: Still Waiting
Feel free to comment on this post with a link to a plan if you’ve run into one! We’re extremely interested.
- Leading From Behind on Energy: Obama’s energy plan speech last Tuesday was underwhelming, expected, and unfortunate. His plan directs the EPA to step up their War on Coal. Despite the fact that coal supplies roughly 40% of American electricity, reality doesn’t seem to hinder the Left. As opposed to increasing energy exploration and production domestically, the President prefers we rely on imported energy to appease domestic environmentalists who have no regard for job loss or the effect on energy rates. It has taken many needless months just to get the President to consider permitting the construction of Keystone Pipeline, which will create 20,000 immediate jobs and 118,000 indirect ones, and billions of dollars in economic activity.
Dana Summers – tribune Media Services
- Student Loan Rates Just Doubled: Today, interest rates on federally subsidized student loans doubled, thanks to Democrat obstructionism. With youth unemployment at 16.2%, and unpaid student loans topping $1 trillion, it’s unfortunate Democrats preferred to play politics than provide a solution to this pressing problem. House Republican passed the “Smarter Solutions for Student Act” which would set the rate at a market-based price and even includes a rate cap.
- Gave Small Business Employees the 27 Hour Workweek: Obamcare requires that employers offer health insurance to part-time employees who work at least 30 hours per week. More than two million workers across the US now face cuts in their hours, as companies look for ways to stay in business. Long Beach, California, for example, is cutting hours of up to 1,600 part-time workers to less than 27 hours per week to prevent $2 million in Obamacare compliance costs. These employees have the President to thank for less hours and a smaller paycheck.
- Obama Broke His Firm Tax Pledge: Though he made a “firm” pledge that no one under making $250,000 would see any form of tax hike, he abandoned that promise very quickly.
Obama: “I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.” [Video]
During a White House press briefing on April 15, 2009, spokesman Robert Gibbs was even asked if Obama’s tax pledge applied “to the health care bill.” Gibbs replied:
Gibbs: “The statement didn’t come with caveats.”
Ranging from a 156% increase in the federal excise tax on tobacco (16 days into his Administration) to Obamacare itself, denying that the President has raised taxes on people making less than $250,000 per year is a farce.