Happy Earth Day, A Look at Obama's Failed Anti-Growth Energy Policies
This Earth Day, Americans for Tax Reform (ATR) takes a look at what this Administration has done for the earth – called for higher taxes, supported job killing legislation, and attempted to increase the cost every American family pays for energy.
- The Administration supports cap-and-trade
- A family of four can expect its per-year energy costs to rise by $1,241
- Including taxes, a family of four will pay an additional $4,609 per year
- Net job losses approach 1.9 million in 2012 and could approach 2.5 million by 2035
- Gasoline prices will rise by 58 percent ($1.38 more per gallon) and average household electric rates will increase by 90 percent
- Backs the Environmental Protection Agency’s Endangerment Finding
- Findings concluded that greenhouse gas emissions endanger public health and welfare and therefore must be regulated under the Clean Air Act.
- Supports Senator’s Kerry (D-Mass), Graham (R-S.C.), and Lieberman’s (D-Conn.) Energy Bill:
- Gasoline prices rising an average of 27 cents a gallon from 2013 to 2020
- Sets emissions reduction targets of 17 percent by 2020 and 80 percent by 2050