Happy Earth Day, A Look at Obama's Failed Anti-Growth Energy Policies
This Earth Day, Americans for Tax Reform (ATR) takes a look at what this Administration has done for the earth – called for higher taxes, supported job killing legislation, and attempted to increase the cost every American family pays for energy.
The President’s own budget calls for direct increases in energy taxes of over $220,000,000,000 by 2020, and there’s more:
- The Administration supports cap-and-trade
- A family of four can expect its per-year energy costs to rise by $1,241
- Including taxes, a family of four will pay an additional $4,609 per year
- Net job losses approach 1.9 million in 2012 and could approach 2.5 million by 2035
- Gasoline prices will rise by 58 percent ($1.38 more per gallon) and average household electric rates will increase by 90 percent
- Backs the Environmental Protection Agency’s Endangerment Finding
- Findings concluded that greenhouse gas emissions endanger public health and welfare and therefore must be regulated under the Clean Air Act.
- Supports Senator’s Kerry (D-Mass), Graham (R-S.C.), and Lieberman’s (D-Conn.) Energy Bill:
- Gasoline prices rising an average of 27 cents a gallon from 2013 to 2020
- Sets emissions reduction targets of 17 percent by 2020 and 80 percent by 2050
“Rather than continue to harm our economy and support tax increases, this Administration should seek to expand American production of energy, in all forms, to create jobs and increase economic productivity,” said ATR President Grover Norquist.
Click here for PDF Version